Re: Git Mirror

On Thu 05 Apr 2012 04:00:06 AM CEST, Kris Krueger wrote:
> I noticed the following when I pushed some changes to Hg.
>
>  remote: adding changesets
>  remote: adding manifests
>  remote: adding file changes
>  remote: added 1 changesets with 2 changes to 2 files
>  remote: Γ£ö Start synchronous rsync with w3c-test.org
>  remote: Γ£ö End   synchronous rsync with w3c-test.org
>  remote: importing Hg objects into Git
>  remote: To git@github.com:w3c/html-testsuite.git
>  remote:    fa1804e..5e59926  master ->  master
>
> And sure enough my change was mirrored at https://github.com/w3c/html-testsuite
> James looks like your project is making progress, do you want to share anything with the group?

Well I think "my" project is Mike Smith's project now :)

Changes that are pushed to dvcs.w3.org/hg/html are being automatically
mirrored to github. The reverse is not true and it's important that all
all actual pushes are done via hg. However people are able to make pull
requests against the github repository and we can use their code review
tools to improve the test review process. Being on github should also
improve our exposure to the web authoring community at large and
hopefully encourage people to participate.