Re: br element bidi test

On Thu, 3 Nov 2011, Aharon (Vladimir) Lanin wrote:

> This is the first of hopefully many tests authored by html5bidi, a group formed under the auspices of the W3C's Israel office for the purpose of writing tests for the bidirectional features added in
> HTML5 and CSS3.

This sounds awesome!

> It is a very simple test, and by submitting it separately, we primarily want to make sure that it is in an acceptable format before we send a whole bunch more.

>From a quick glance, it seems to be fine.

> Since the feature being tested is an aspect of rendering, and has no scripting/API component, the test is in the self-describing ref-test format.

Yes, that is the right choice.

> In terms of licensing, I am not sure what needs to be done. Some members of the group, like myself, work for (various) W3C member companies, and some work for the W3C itself, but some are not in
> either group.

The test needs to be licensed under the BSD/W3C testsuite license [1]. As
long as all relevant stakeholders are happy with the licensing, I guess
there isn't a problem (but I Am Not A Laywer, etc.).

> In any case, the test is at https://github.com/amire80/html5-bidi-tests/raw/master/html5/br-bidi.html, with the ref at https://github.com/amire80/html5-bidi-tests/raw/master/html5/br-bidi-ref.html.

Right, the next step is to upload it to the html testsuite. We use
mercurial rather then git, but it should be quite straightforward if you
aren't already famiiar with it. The full set of instructions are at [2].

Thanks again for this effort; I personally am really enthusiastic about
getting more automatable tests for this area of the spec.

[1] http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/2008/04-testsuite-copyright.html
[2] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/Testing/Submission/