Re: choice of javascript DOM methods suitable for use in tests

On Tue, 30 Nov 2010 20:30:38 +0100, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
wrote:
> On Nov 30, 2010, at 11:23 AM, Ian Hickson wrote:
>> I don't understand how much crisper it could be. Could you elaborate?
>
> Perhaps there could be a conformance class for which the rendering
> section is a MUST-level requirement.
>
> (It can't be all visual interactive UAs, since mobile browsers and other
> specialized UAs commonly make different visual formatting choices, so it
> would have to be a new conformance class.)
>
> Having such a conformance class would be useful only if there are UAs
> that would target 100% compliance with the rendering section. It sounds
> like we do expect this, for mainstream desktop browsers in their default
> configuration.

I guess the question is whether making it a MUST for certain user agents
would actually affect crispness as it is pretty crispy already.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/