Re: Test results and report table

On Nov 2, 2010, at 2:14 PM, Anne van Kesteren wrote:

> On Tue, 02 Nov 2010 11:28:09 +0100, Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org> wrote:
>> Thank you all for sending test results. I updated the table:
>> http://test.w3.org/html/tests/reporting/report.htm
>>
>> We will need to improve the report table on our side however because
>> sometimes "0% means no results", or 100% means "one pass, two no
>> results"... If anyone has time to take a stab at it, don't hesitate!
>>
>> So, the table at it stands is misleading currently.
>
> Reportedly the results for Opera are at least partly bogus.
>
> This test suite is vastly incomplete. Publishing unverified results of a vastly incomplete test suite without a big fat warning is extremely silly. Why was this done?

It's also strange that the results include alpha/beta/preview versions of most browsers, but the stable version of Safari.

Wouldn't be a big deal other than the fact that this rather buggy test results page was labeled as "Official" and then picked up in the press as authoritative:
http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/ie9_outperforms_other_browsers_for_html5_complianc.php

We should probably be cautious about the chance of creating PR events based on incorrect information.

Regards,
Maciej