From: public-html-testsuite-request@w3.org [mailto:public-html-testsuite-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Philip Taylor
Sent: Monday, March 01, 2010 5:03 AM
To: 'public-html-testsuite@w3.org'
Subject: Canvas tests

I've recently updated my old canvas test cases at
<http://philip.html5.org/tests/canvas/suite/tests/> so that they better
match the current version of the spec. There's also a results table at
<http://philip.html5.org/tests/canvas/suite/tests/results.html> showing
the current status of some browsers.

The aim has been to test all of the spec's testable requirements and
various potentially-interesting edge cases - there's an annotated spec
at <http://philip.html5.org/tests/canvas/suite/tests/spec.html> which
shows the relevant test cases for most statements. It's not complete yet
(there are large issues like drawing <video> which I haven't even looked
at, and probably lots of minor bits missing), and there are probably
lots of minor bugs too, but I think it's good enough for now and I'm not
planning to work on it much in the near future.

(See <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Sep/0877.html>
for some notes on the technical implementation of the tests.)

In the long term, an 'official' HTML5 test suite would have to include
canvas tests, so this is probably a useful starting point. In the short
term it'd be good to get more review of these test cases, and to have
nicer mechanisms for running tests and reporting results, and to
integrate them with browser developers' regression test suites. Are
these things that the Testing TF could potentially help with?

--
Philip Taylor
pjt47@cam.ac.uk