Re: HTML Testing TF: ACTION-2: Come back with realistic timeframe to move away from CVS and to a w3c Mercurial system

On Thu, 2010-02-11 at 10:50 -0500, Philippe Le Hegaret wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-02-10 at 21:29 +0000, Paul Cotton wrote:
> > > ACTION-2: Come back with realistic timeframe to move away from CVS
> > and to a w3c Mercurial system
> >
> > http://www.w3.org/html/wg/test/track/actions/2
> >

> > Can you give me an update on this action item?  It appears to be
> > standing in the way of getting tests submitted to an HTML WG
> > testsuite.
>
> Well, it looks like I managed to be so annoying with our system folks
> that they are going to deliver the Mercurial repository this Tuesday. It
> is already working and needs a few more tweaks between now and then. I'm
> going to work with them in parallel to learn everything we'll need to
> know in order to use it.

A short but unfortunate update:

the new mercurial server is freezing for unknown reasons at the moment
and I've just been told that the deployment is now delayed by a week so
that they can guarantee that the service is going to be stable and
usable. It seems that the server can't handle its current load (other
services are currently on the machine), and they might need to pull out
an old machine from a dusty corner in order to satisfy our request in a
timely manner. They need to do more fixing and testing than expected on
our future testing repository server.

I apologize about the extra delay,

Philippe