Re: W3C Director's Blog on EME

To my knowledge, the W3C is not a company, but a nonprofit
standards-development consortium hosted by three universities.

I'd welcome corrections on this, but the distinction makes a difference
inasmuch as presiding over a consortium is a matter of forging consensus
among the members, while being in charge of a company is about serving
one's shareholders and corporate charter.

Cory