Re: Disposition of Comments for Encrypted Media Extensions and Director's decision

> On Jul 9, 2017, at 17:05 , Harry Halpin <hhalpin@ibiblio.org> wrote:
>

> On the technical side, although I understand the W3C likes to think it's only a technical standards body, my purely both technical and in-scope objection to simply have EME "off by default" was ignored [1],

You have said this before, and been corrected before. It was not ‘ignored’, it was discussed (extensively, in multiple places). You just didn’t get the result you appeared to want.

see <https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/386>

David Singer
Manager, Software Standards, Apple Inc.