RE: Video MSE issue as of March 01 2017 - seamless switch to new media

The UMedia team has requested that this MSE problem report be withdrawn with the following rationale:

It appears to be that our server software did not package fragmented .mp4 correctly at the time of switching to a different content.

Now that we have fixed our software, all MSE players switch seamlessly to new content.

The only issue remains, and looks like it is by design: if you first had audio+video stream and then you are switching to video-only stream (corresponding init segment will only have video) - that causes an immediate error in the SourceBuffer. Same about the opposite scenario:

your initial init segment (and mime-type string) had video-only, and while that stream is playing, you are switching to audio+video - same thing will happen - SourceBuffer sets an error.

Note that this scenario is supported by Flash player - it can switch from audio+video to video-only.

/paulc

HME WG Chair