[media-source] MPEG-2 TS Byte Stream Format MIME mismatches those in the format registry

From: wolenetz via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2016 21:26:04 +0000
To: public-html-media@w3.org
wolenetz has just created a new issue for
https://github.com/w3c/media-source:

== MPEG-2 TS Byte Stream Format MIME mismatches those in the format
registry ==
In https://w3c.github.io/media-source/mp2t-byte-stream-format.html:
"video/MP2T" is the only MIME type/subtype allowed,

but in
https://w3c.github.io/media-source/byte-stream-format-registry.html,
both of the following refer to that bytestream spec:
audio/mp2t
video/mp2t

So a couple questions:
1. Is the subtype case-sensitive (e.g., only allow "MP2T", or also
allow "mp2t"?)
2. Is **audio/mp2t** allowed or not?

Chrome (on subset of platforms for which Chrome contains support for
mp2t):
1. is case-insensitive, and
2. does not allow audio/mp2t. Just video/mp2t.

I don't believe this blocks MSE v1, but would be good to get clarified
 soon. I think we can make this clarification out-of-band (since the
registries aren't really tied directly to v1 or VNext), but I'm
marking V1NonBlocking to get appropriate attention ASAP.

Please view or discuss this issue at
https://github.com/w3c/media-source/issues/157 using your GitHub
account