Re: CfC: Request transition of Encrypted Media Extensions (EME) to Proposed Recommendation

Hi,

I agree with Zak that I would like HME WG to halt its work entirely on
EME.

As I have said before, I see web standards as a public policy decision
for the simple reason that it affects the broader public. For that
reason, the people who should be making the decisions in a democratic
fashion is the broader public, not private companies--citizens should be
voting on this, not private organizations.

I gotta' get ready for a long weekend of teaching music now, but will
come back to this when I have the time again to discuss this topic in my
free time.

Thanks,
Devin