Re: [Agenda] HTML Media Extensions WG meeting, Tue Aug 2 8am PDT

On Fri, Jul 29, 2016 at 2:04 PM, Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>
wrote:

> 2.      MSE Editorial issues
> https://github.com/w3c/media-source/milestones/V1Editorial

Regarding https://github.com/w3c/media-source/issues/99, as discussed in
the meeting today, I have just filed https://github.com/w3c/html/issues/550
to get the w3c HTML51 spec to have language aligned with the whatwg HTML
spec to simplify the MSE spec fix.  Philippe, please take that HTML51 issue
up for discussion in w3c HTML51 today, also as we discussed.

In parallel, I'll work on preparing a PR that follow option 2:

> Change the monkey patch to make the first step "If the algorithm was
> invoked with media provider object or a URL record whose object is a media
> provider object, then let mode be local. Otherwise let mode be remote." and
> ignore the fact that the W3C spec will invoke the algorithm with a URL
> string and not a URL record, which is what you get by parsing the URL
> string.

Thanks,
Matt