W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-media@w3.org > September 2015

{agenda} HTML WG media telecon 2015-09-22 - TAG discussion on ISSUE-85, TPAC F2F meeting, EME heartbeat publication and EME bug status

From: Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2015 09:46:49 +0000
To: "public-html-media@w3.org" <public-html-media@w3.org>
CC: Travis Leithead <travis.leithead@microsoft.com>, "Alex Russell (slightlyoff@chromium.org)" <slightlyoff@chromium.org>
Message-ID: <CY1PR0301MB11964920C718114C47AF00D6EA460@CY1PR0301MB1196.namprd03.prod.outlook.com>
NOTE: This meeting will use the Webex phone facility!!!
https://www.w3.org/wiki/HTML/Media_Task_Force/Call 

The HTML WG media teleconference meeting will occur on 2015-09-22 for up to 60 minutes from 15:00Z to 16:00Z.

http://timeanddate.com/s/2vwt

Tokyo midnight, Amsterdam/Oslo 17:00, London/Dublin 16:00, New Jersey/York 11:00, Kansas City 10:00, Seattle/San Francisco 08:00.
 
Chair of the meeting: Paul Cotton
Scribe: TBD
 
(See the end of this email for Webex dial-in and IRC info.)
 
== Agenda ==
 
1. Roll call, introductions and selection of scribe
 
2. Previous meeting minutes
Sep 1:
http://www.w3.org/2015/09/01-html-media-minutes.html
Aug 18:
http://www.w3.org/2015/08/18-html-media-minutes.html

3. Discussion on ISSUE-85 with TAG members

a) ISSUE-45: Remove "persistent-release-message" MediaKeySessionType
https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/45 
https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/pull/54
Status: Merged on Aug 18.   

b) ISSUE-85 - "tracked" sessions: architectural concerns pending resolution with TAG
https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/85

c) TAG discussion with David Dorwin
https://github.com/w3ctag/meetings/blob/gh-pages/2015/09-bos/agenda.md 
https://pad.w3ctag.org/p/09-19-2015-minutes
https://github.com/w3ctag/spec-reviews/issues/73

d) Open discussion on the above items

4. Media Task Force F2F meeting, TPAC, Sapporo, Japan, Oct 2015 
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-media/2015Jul/0020.html  and 
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-media/2015Aug/0020.html 
Status:  Please register for the HTML WG meeting slot on Thu-Fri.

5. MSE and EME heartbeat publications
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-media/2015Aug/0038.html
Status: Jerry offered to work with W3C team on this item at Sep 1 meeting.

6. ISSUE-41, ISSUE-52 and ISSUE-53 - Initialization Data issue cluster

a) ISSUE-52 Remove reference to keys in Initialization Data definition
https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/52 
See discussion since Sep 1 and PR-88 and PR-92:
https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/pull/88
https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/pull/92

b) ISSUE-41 Update algorithms to reflect keys being provided in the Initialization Data
https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/41  
https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/41#issuecomment-97124407
Dependencies: ISSUE-52 blocks ISSUE-41 and ISSUE-41 blocks ISSUE-53
Status: Pending work on ISSUE-52.  See also Joe's status from Sep 1:
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-media/2015Sep/0003.html

c) ISSUE-53 Allow for long-lived key encryption keys (aka "master" keys) to increase performance
https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/53 
Dependencies: Blocked by ISSUE-41.
Status: Pending work on ISSUE-52.

7. Recent EME issues with outstanding pull requests

a) ISSUE-80 - "tracked" sessions: record of usage should track session usage, not individual key usage
https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/80 
https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/pull/87 

b) ISSUE-81 - "tracked" sessions: "record of key usage" is undefined
https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/81  
https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/pull/87 

c) ISSUE-82 - "tracked" sessions: when to persist "record of key usage" is not specified
https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/82 
https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/pull/89 

d) ISSUE-83 - "tracked" sessions: Does "record of key usage" need not be updated each time a block is decrypted?
https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/83 
https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/pull/93

e) ISSUE-84 - "tracked" sessions: document usage for limiting concurrent streams
https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/84 
See proposed text on Wiki:
https://www.w3.org/wiki/HTML/Media_Task_Force/EME_Use_Cases#Example_usage

8. ISSUE-63 and Pull Request-66

a) Issue-63: Align normative text on user consent for Distinctive Identifiers with privacy section
https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/63 
See also PR-66:
https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/pull/66
Status from July 7: ddorwin: I need to review that one - must have missed it. I will take an action
http://www.w3.org/2015/07/07-html-media-minutes.html#item07 

9. ISSUE-17 - Replace "fire a simple event" with "fire an event" for non-simple Events

a) ISSUE-17 Replace "fire a simple event" with "fire an event" for non-simple Events, Assigned to Jerry
https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/17
Status: Jerry agreed to review recent input at our Aug 18 meeting.

10. ISSUE-71 - Be explicit about aborting steps when resolving a promise early

a) ISSUE-71 - Be explicit about aborting steps when resolving a promise early
https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/71 
>From the Jul 21 TF minutes - Awaiting input from Joe Steele:
http://www.w3.org/2015/07/21-html-media-minutes.html#item02
See Joe's Aug 31 comment:
https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/71#issuecomment-136507577

11. Event handler and message cluster
Status: Jul 7 - Jerry agreed to provide feedback by Jul 21.
http://www.w3.org/2015/07/07-html-media-minutes.html#item05

a) Issue-19 Ensure promises returned by methods are fulfilled before event handlers are executed
https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/19
Needs feedback: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-media/2015Jun/0035.html

b) ISSUE-14 Consider changing how the MediaKeySession method algorithms run other algorithms to more accurately reflect implementations
https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/14
Blocked by ISSUE-19.  ISSUE-14 also needs feedback.

c) ISSUE-31 generateRequest() should allow the first message to not be a license request based on initData
https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/31
Blocked by ISSUE-19.

12.  ACTION-93: Get in touch with webappsec wg about the "privileged context" which is more generic than saying https, etc."
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-media/2015Aug/0015.html 

13. New issues related to ISSUE-39
https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/39
Status: To be implemented.

a) ISSUE-68 - Define key ID representation (byte order)
https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/68 

b) ISSUE-69 - Define key ID sort order
https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/69

c) ISSUE-70 - Define the behavior of MediaKeyStatusMap::get(keyId) when |keyId| is not in the map
https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/70
Status: To be implemented.

14. EME status and bugs
 
a) Encrypted Media Extensions editor's draft 
https://w3c.github.io/encrypted-media/ 
Last updated on Sep 3.

b) Encrypted Media Extensions bugs: 
http://tinyurl.com/7tfambo
Status as of Sep 20: 16 Bugs
Status as of Aug 31: 16 bugs

c) EME GitHub issues
https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues
Status as of Sep 20: 42 issues
Status as of Aug 31: 43 issues
Status as of Aug 17: 37 issues
Status as of Jul 20: 36 issues

15. Next meeting
The next EME meeting will be Tue Oct 6.

16. Any other business
 
17. Chair and Scribe for next meeting

18. Adjournment
 
== Dial-in and IRC Details ==

Media Task Force Call:
https://www.w3.org/wiki/HTML/Media_Task_Force/Call 

 Supplementary IRC chat (logged):
   #html-media on irc.w3.org port 6665 or port 80 

Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada
17 Eleanor Drive, Ottawa, Ontario K2E 6A3
Tel: (425) 705-9596 Fax: (425) 936-7329
Received on Monday, 21 September 2015 09:47:26 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 15:49:05 UTC