W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-media@w3.org > May 2015

RE: {agenda} HTML WG media telecon 2015-05-05 - Action items, MSE test suite status and new MSE and EME bugs

From: Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 4 May 2015 21:56:04 +0000
To: "public-html-media@w3.org" <public-html-media@w3.org>
Message-ID: <CY1PR0301MB119676812724BB858A3D868EEAD20@CY1PR0301MB1196.namprd03.prod.outlook.com>
There are many outstanding action items from our Apr 15-16 F2F meeting.  Please send an update via email to public-html-medai@w3.org for your actions if you have not done so already.

/paulc

Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada
17 Eleanor Drive, Ottawa, Ontario K2E 6A3
Tel: (425) 705-9596 Fax: (425) 936-7329


-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Cotton [mailto:Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com] 
Sent: Monday, May 04, 2015 5:46 PM
To: public-html-media@w3.org
Subject: {agenda} HTML WG media telecon 2015-05-05 - Action items, MSE test suite status and new MSE and EME bugs

The HTML WG media teleconference meeting will occur on 2015-05-05 for up to 60 minutes from 15:00Z to 16:00Z.

http://timeanddate.com/s/2ttw

Tokyo midnight, Amsterdam/Oslo 17:00, London/Dublin 16:00, New Jersey/York 11:00, Kansas City 10:00, Seattle/San Francisco 08:00.
 
Chair of the meeting: Paul Cotton
Scribe: TBD
 
(See the end of this email for dial-in and IRC info.)
 
== Agenda ==
 
1. Roll call, introductions and selection of scribe
 
2. Previous meeting minutes
F2F minutes:
http://www.w3.org/2015/04/15-html-media-minutes.html
http://www.w3.org/2015/04/16-html-media-minutes.html
F2F web page and agenda
https://www.w3.org/wiki/HTML/wg/2015-04-Agenda

 3. F2F action items

a) ACTION-82 - Figure out what's going to happen to media controller [on Paul Cotton - due 2015-04-22].
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/media/track/actions/82

b) ACTION-83 - Point web and tv ig members to the use case wiki page. [on Daniel Davis - due 2015-04-22].
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/media/track/actions/83

c) ACTION-84 - (really rustamk) to update uses cases and arrange for further discussion [on Paul Cotton - due 2015-04-22].
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/media/track/actions/84

d) ACTION-85: Provide additional technical recommendations for persistent-release-message based on implementation experience [on Mark Watson - due 2015-04-23].
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/media/track/actions/85
See: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-media/2015Apr/0061.html 

e) ACTION-86 - Send an update on bug 27269 [on David Dorwin - due 2015-04-23].
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/media/track/actions/86

f) ACTION-87: Carry out steps 1 thru 6 on the proposed solution to issue-41 [on Joe Steele - due 2015-04-23].
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/media/track/actions/87
DONE.  See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-media/2015Apr/0064.html

g) ACTION-88: Check on whether the proposed generic license request/response protocol is in scope of the current html wg charter
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/media/track/actions/88 [on Paul Cotton - due 2015-04-23].
DONE.  See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-media/2015May/0003.html

h) ACTION-89: Do a html wg cfc to move eme to process 2014 and to move it to be published automatically to tr space for each editor's draft commit [on Paul Cotton - due 2015-04-23].
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/media/track/actions/89

i) ACTION-90: Update bug 20944 if the tf goes ahead with work on generic license request/response protocol [on Paul Cotton - due 2015-04-23].
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/media/track/actions/90

j) ACTION-91: (really rustamk) to ask cable labs about their current eme testing and whether they can expose it to the tf [on Paul Cotton - due 2015-04-23].
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/media/track/actions/91

k) ACTION-92: Build a generic wiki agenda for future tf meetings
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/media/track/actions/92

4. New MSE bugs

a) [Bug 28557] New: Coded frame removal algorithm may introduce discontinuity at end of current coded frame group
https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=28557

b) [Bug 28573] New: suspending and notifying resumption of a download for a media element fetching from a MediaSource
https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=28573 

5. MSE test suite status

a) ACTION-71: Investigate testing status to move things forward, Cyril
https://www.w3.org/html/wg/media/track/actions/71
Status:  See Cyril's report:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-media/2014Dec/0012.htm
and the F2F discussion:
http://www.w3.org/2015/04/16-html-media-minutes.html#item01 

6. NEW EME issues

a) ISSUE-50 -  Remove recommendation for distinct keys for distinct policies
https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/50

b) ISSUE-51 - Remove steps associated with cross-origin or non-clearable identifiers, as these are not allowed
https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/51 

c) ISSUE-52 - Remove reference to keys in Initialization Data definition
https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/52 

d) ISSUE-53 - Allow for long-lived key encryption keys (aka "master" keys) to increase performance
https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/53

e) ISSUE-55 - Clarify that "resources" in close() method refers to non-persisted data
https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/55 

7. MSE status and bugs

a) Media Source Extensions editor's draft  https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/html-media/raw-file/default/media-source/media-source.html
Last updated on April 7.  

b) Media Source Extensions bugs: 
http://tinyurl.com/kfeptqy
Status as of May 4: 11 bugs

8. EME status and bugs
 
a) Encrypted Media Extensions editor's draft https://w3c.github.io/encrypted-media/
Last updated on Apr 30

b) Encrypted Media Extensions bugs: 
http://tinyurl.com/7tfambo
Status as of May 4: 16 bugs
Status as of Apr 6: 19 bugs

c) EME GitHub issues
https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues
Status as of Mary 4: 31 bugs
Status as of Apr 6: 23 bugs

9. Next meeting

10. Any other business
 
11. Chair and Scribe for next meeting

12. Adjournment
 
== Dial-in and IRC Details ==
 
Zakim teleconference bridge:
   +1.617.761.6200, conference 63342 ("media")
https://www.w3.org/Guide/1998/08/teleconference-calendar#s_5366
 
Supplementary IRC chat (logged):
   #html-media on irc.w3.org port 6665 or port 80 

Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada
17 Eleanor Drive, Ottawa, Ontario K2E 6A3
Tel: (425) 705-9596 Fax: (425) 936-7329
Received on Monday, 4 May 2015 21:56:34 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Monday, 4 May 2015 21:56:34 UTC