W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-media@w3.org > June 2015

Re: {agenda} HTML WG media telecon 2015-06-02 - Action items, MSE bug status, MSE CR test suite, EME bug status

From: Bob Lund <B.Lund@CableLabs.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2015 21:45:49 +0000
To: Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>
CC: "public-html-media@w3.org" <public-html-media@w3.org>
Message-ID: <D1922DAE.51515%b.lund@cablelabs.com>
Paul,

I will not be able to attend the HTML WG media telecom on 6/2. Regarding Action-93, we are doing some internal work to determine how best to formulate the web app sec bug. I cannot offer a concrete date at this point when this internal work will complete.

Regards,
Bob

From: Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com<mailto:Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>>
Date: Monday, June 1, 2015 at 3:35 PM
To: "<public-html-media@w3. org>" <public-html-media@w3.org<mailto:public-html-media@w3.org>>
Subject: {agenda} HTML WG media telecon 2015-06-02 - Action items, MSE bug status, MSE CR test suite, EME bug status
Resent-From: "<public-html-media@w3. org>" <public-html-media@w3.org<mailto:public-html-media@w3.org>>
Resent-Date: Monday, June 1, 2015 at 3:36 PM


The HTML WG media teleconference meeting will occur on 2015-06-02 for up to 60 minutes from 15:00Z to 16:00Z.



http://timeanddate.com/s/2u4f



Tokyo midnight, Amsterdam/Oslo 17:00, London/Dublin 16:00, New Jersey/York 11:00, Kansas City 10:00, Seattle/San Francisco 08:00.



Chair of the meeting: Paul Cotton

Scribe: TBD



(See the end of this email for dial-in and IRC info.)



== Agenda ==



1. Roll call, introductions and selection of scribe



2. Previous meeting minutes

May 19 minutes:

http://www.w3.org/2015/05/19-html-media-minutes.html

May 12 minutes:

http://www.w3.org/2015/05/12-html-media-minutes.html

May 5 minutes:

http://www.w3.org/2015/05/05-html-media-minutes.html

F2F minutes:

http://www.w3.org/2015/04/15-html-media-minutes.html

http://www.w3.org/2015/04/16-html-media-minutes.html

F2F web page and agenda

https://www.w3.org/wiki/HTML/wg/2015-04-Agenda



3.  Open action items



a) ACTION-84 - (really rustamk) to update uses cases and arrange for further discussion [on Paul Cotton - due 2015-04-22].

http://www.w3.org/html/wg/media/track/actions/84



b) ACTION-86 - Send an update on bug 27269 [on David Dorwin - due 2015-05-30].

http://www.w3.org/html/wg/media/track/actions/86



c) ACTION-90: Update bug 20944 if the tf goes ahead with work on generic license request/response protocol [on Paul Cotton - due 2015-04-23].

http://www.w3.org/html/wg/media/track/actions/90



d) ACTION-92: Build a generic wiki agenda for future tf meetings

http://www.w3.org/html/wg/media/track/actions/92



e) ACTION-93: Get in touch with webappsec wg about the "privileged context" which is more generic than saying https, etc." (really on bob lund)

http://www.w3.org/html/wg/media/track/actions/93



4. New MSE Bugs



a) Bug 28710 - [MSE] Ambiguous behavior with Coded Frame Processing algorithm

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=28710



b) Bug 28727 - [MSE] Per spec, no frame will be removed when changing mediasource duration

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=28727



c) Bug 27982 - Clarify asynchronicity in duration change algorithm when reducing duration

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=27982



5. MSE bugs



a) [Bug 28557] New: Coded frame removal algorithm may introduce discontinuity at end of current coded frame group

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=28557

Possibly related to:

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=27242

Status from May 5: Awaiting Matt's pull request proposal.



b) [Bug 28573] New: suspending and notifying resumption of a download for a media element fetching from a MediaSource

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=28573

Status from May 5: Awaiting Matt's proposed response.



c) Bug 27239 - Update SourceBuffer.appendStream() and related algorithms to use ReadableByteStream

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=27239#c8

Status from May 12: Awaiting Matt’s review.



6. MSE test suite status



a) ACTION-71: Investigate testing status to move things forward, Cyril

https://www.w3.org/html/wg/media/track/actions/71

Status:  See Cyril's report:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-media/2014Dec/0012.html

and the F2F discussion:

http://www.w3.org/2015/04/16-html-media-minutes.html#item01



7.  EME issues requested for discussion



a) ISSUE-45: Remove "persistent-release-message" MediaKeySessionType

https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/45



8. NEW EME issues since May 19



a) Issue-63: Align normative text on user consent for Distinctive Identifiers with privacy section

https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/63



b) New EME issues for review and comment (ISSUE-57 to ISSUE-62)

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-media/2015May/0055.html



9. EME status and bugs



a) Encrypted Media Extensions editor's draft

https://w3c.github.io/encrypted-media/

Last updated on June 1



b) Encrypted Media Extensions bugs:

http://tinyurl.com/7tfambo

Status as of Jun 1: 16 bugs

Status as of May 18: 14 bugs

Status as of May 4: 16 bugs

Status as of Apr 6: 19 bugs



c) EME GitHub issues

https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues

Status as of Jun 1: 38 issues

Status as of May 18: 32 issues

Status as of Mary 4: 31 issue

Status as of Apr 6: 23 issues



10. MSE status and bugs



a) Media Source Extensions editor's draft

https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/html-media/raw-file/default/media-source/media-source.html

Last updated on April 7.



b) Media Source Extensions bugs:

http://tinyurl.com/kfeptqy

Status as of Jun 1: 14 bugs

Status as of May 22: 11 bugs

Status as of May 11: 11 bugs

Status as of May 4: 11 bugs



11. Next meeting



12. Any other business



13. Chair and Scribe for next meeting



14. Adjournment



== Dial-in and IRC Details ==



Zakim teleconference bridge:

   +1.617.761.6200, conference 63342 ("media")

https://www.w3.org/Guide/1998/08/teleconference-calendar#s_5366



Supplementary IRC chat (logged):

   #html-media on irc.w3.org port 6665 or port 80

Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada
17 Eleanor Drive, Ottawa, Ontario K2E 6A3
Tel: (425) 705-9596 Fax: (425) 936-7329
Received on Monday, 1 June 2015 21:46:22 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 15:49:02 UTC