Re: MSE testing status update

From: Michael[tm] Smith <mike@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2015 21:30:07 +0900
To: Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>
Cc: Matt Wolenetz <wolenetz@google.com>, "Jerry Smith (WINDOWS)" <jdsmith@microsoft.com>, "<public-html-media@w3.org>" <public-html-media@w3.org>

> > Many of the *Track interface pieces are yet to be implemented in Chrome,
>
> Are these currently interfaces implemented in any other MSE implementations?

I believe they are not supported in an UAs at all yet.

Certainly we don’t have two UAs that support them.

Given that, it’s not clear to me why they weren’t listed as “at risk” in
the CR publication. We’re definitely not going to be transition the spec
out of CR if we can’t document that we have at least two implementations of
those features (and we actually don’t even have tests for those features
themselves yet—all we have at this point is just the simple test that
checks whether the interface exposes members for them as expected).

One option of course is to drop them from the spec (and move them to a v2)
and take just the sets of features to Rec for which we can demonstrate that
we have at least two implementations.

  —Mike

--
Michael[tm] Smith https://people.w3.org/mike