W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-media@w3.org > July 2015

{agenda} HTML WG media telecon 2015-07-07 - Action items and EME bug status

From: Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2015 22:26:20 +0000
To: "public-html-media@w3.org" <public-html-media@w3.org>
Message-ID: <CY1PR0301MB1196970D5D6C3B1317F98F12EA930@CY1PR0301MB1196.namprd03.prod.outlook.com>
NOTE: This meeting will use the Webex phone facility!!!

https://www.w3.org/wiki/HTML/Media_Task_Force/Call



The HTML WG media teleconference meeting will occur on 2015-07-07 for up to 60 minutes from 15:00Z to 16:00Z.



http://timeanddate.com/s/2up2



Tokyo midnight, Amsterdam/Oslo 17:00, London/Dublin 16:00, New Jersey/York 11:00, Kansas City 10:00, Seattle/San Francisco 08:00.



Chair of the meeting: Paul Cotton

Scribe: TBD



(See the end of this email for Webex dial-in and IRC info.)



== Agenda ==



1. Roll call, introductions and selection of scribe



2. Previous meeting minutes

June 2:

http://www.w3.org/2015/06/02-html-media-minutes.html

May 19 minutes:

http://www.w3.org/2015/05/19-html-media-minutes.html

May 12 minutes:

http://www.w3.org/2015/05/12-html-media-minutes.html

May 5 minutes:

http://www.w3.org/2015/05/05-html-media-minutes.html

F2F minutes:

http://www.w3.org/2015/04/15-html-media-minutes.html

http://www.w3.org/2015/04/16-html-media-minutes.html

F2F web page and agenda

https://www.w3.org/wiki/HTML/wg/2015-04-Agenda



3.  Open action items



a) ACTION-84 - (really rustamk) to update uses cases and arrange for further discussion [on Paul Cotton - due 2015-04-22].

http://www.w3.org/html/wg/media/track/actions/84



b) ACTION-86 - Send an update on bug 27269 [on David Dorwin - due 2015-05-30].

http://www.w3.org/html/wg/media/track/actions/86



c) ACTION-90: Update bug 20944 if the tf goes ahead with work on generic license request/response protocol [on Paul Cotton - due 2015-04-23].

http://www.w3.org/html/wg/media/track/actions/90



d) ACTION-92: Build a generic wiki agenda for future tf meetings

http://www.w3.org/html/wg/media/track/actions/92



e) ACTION-93: Get in touch with webappsec wg about the "privileged context" which is more generic than saying https, etc." (really on bob lund)

http://www.w3.org/html/wg/media/track/actions/93



4. Implemented Issues since June 2

Note:  There have been 12 issues implemented since the Jun 2 meeting - Issues 12, 15, 30, 34, 36, 39, 43, 44, 49, 51, 56 and 58.

Thanks to the Editors.



5. Issues to be implemented



a) ISSUE-32 Consider providing guidance for implementations on platforms that do not expose key IDs, Assigned to David

https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/32



b) ISSUE-20 Ensure session type is correct for loaded sessions, Assigned to Jerry

https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/20



c) ISSUE-17 Replace "fire a simple event" with "fire an event" for non-simple Events, Assigned to Jerry

https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/17



d) ISSUE-10 Include real initData and Clear Key license in the Clear Key example, No Editor assigned

https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/10



e) ISSUE-9 Remove note that MediaKeySession events may not be fired until the MediaKeys object is associated with a media element, Assigned to David

https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/9



f) ISSUE-8 Define behavior for implementations that delay playback until setMediaKeys() is called, Assigned to Jerry

https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/8



g) ISSUE-2 stack_overview.svg needs to be updated to match the latest spec, No Editor assigned

https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/2



6.  Initialization Data issue cluster

Status: What is the next step here?



a) ISSUE-41 Update algorithms to reflect keys being provided in the Initialization Data

https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/41

https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/41#issuecomment-97124407



b) ISSUE-52 Remove reference to keys in Initialization Data definition

https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/52

Blocked by ISSUE-41.



c) ISSUE-53 Allow for long-lived key encryption keys (aka "master" keys) to increase performance

https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/53

Blocked by ISSUE-41.



7. Event handler and message cluster

Status: What is the next step here?



a) Issue-19 Ensure promises returned by methods are fulfilled before event handlers are executed

https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/19

Needs feedback: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-media/2015Jun/0035.html<https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-media/2015Jun/0034.html>



b) ISSUE-14 Consider changing how the MediaKeySession method algorithms run other algorithms to more accurately reflect implementations

https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/14

Blocked by ISSUE-19.  ISSUE-14 also needs feedback.



c) ISSUE-31 generateRequest() should allow the first message to not be a license request based on initData

https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/31

Blocked by ISSUE-19.



8. Examples cluster

Status: What is the next step here?



a) ISSUE-34 Replace base64url values in examples with realistic values that use base64url-specific characters

https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/34



b) ISSUE-10 Include real initData and Clear Key license in the Clear Key example

https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/10

Blocked by ISSUE-34.



9. Active EME issues and open pull requests



a) Issue-63: Align normative text on user consent for Distinctive Identifiers with privacy section

https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/63

See also PR-66:

https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/pull/66



b) ISSUE-45: Remove "persistent-release-message" MediaKeySessionType

https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/45

See also PR-54:

https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/pull/54



i) [EME] Netflix's secure release is unreliable without tamper-proof secure persistent storage and/or delayed shutdown

https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-media/2015Jun/0021.html



c) Issue-22: Add output-restricted MediaKeyStatus

https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/45

See also PR-65:

https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/pull/65

and

https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/22#issuecomment-114205473



10. EME status and bugs



a) Encrypted Media Extensions editor's draft

https://w3c.github.io/encrypted-media/

Last updated on June 18



b) Encrypted Media Extensions bugs:

http://tinyurl.com/7tfambo

Status as of Jul 6: 16 bugs

Status as of Jun 1: 16 bugs

Status as of May 18: 14 bugs

Status as of May 4: 16 bugs

Status as of Apr 6: 19 bugs



c) EME GitHub issues

https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues

Status as of Jul 6: 28 issues

Status as of Jun 1: 38 issues

Status as of May 18: 32 issues

Status as of Mary 4: 31 issue

Status as of Apr 6: 23 issues



11. Next meeting



12. Any other business



13. Chair and Scribe for next meeting



14. Adjournment



== Dial-in and IRC Details ==



Media Task Force Call:

https://www.w3.org/wiki/HTML/Media_Task_Force/Call



 Supplementary IRC chat (logged):

   #html-media on irc.w3.org port 6665 or port 80

Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada
17 Eleanor Drive, Ottawa, Ontario K2E 6A3
Tel: (425) 705-9596 Fax: (425) 936-7329
Received on Monday, 6 July 2015 22:26:55 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 15:49:03 UTC