RE: [streams-api] Seeking status of the Streams API spec

> The decision we came to in web apps some months ago was that the interfaces in that spec would disappear in favor of WritableStream, ReadableStream, and the rest.

This seems to contradict the direction that was published in Feb 2014 [1] in which it was clearly stated:

" In addition to the base Stream spec, the remaining platform-specific pieces which do not fit into the shared-base spec will live in an independent spec. This includes things such as support in other APIs (XHR, MediaStreaming, etc) or DOM specific scenarios - (createObjectURL()). The current W3C Streams API will focus on this aspect of the API surface, while leaving the core functionality to be defined in the base spec."

It seems to me that layering a Stream interface in "an independent spec" would "support other APIs" like MSE.   Why cannot this be done?

/paulc

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2014JanMar/0218.html

Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada