W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-media@w3.org > January 2014

{minutes} HTML WG Media telecon 2014-01-07 - MSE and EME Status

From: John Simmons <johnsim@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2014 16:41:22 +0000
To: "<public-html-media@w3.org>" <public-html-media@w3.org>
Message-ID: <190d20039f424c6cb2924f6ec5d0b3f2@BY2PR03MB042.namprd03.prod.outlook.com>
http://www.w3.org/2014/01/07-html-media-minutes.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------


[W3C]<http://www.w3.org/>

- DRAFT -
HTML Media Task Force Teleconference
07 Jan 2014

Agenda<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-media/2014Jan/0001.html>

See also: IRC log<http://www.w3.org/2014/01/07-html-media-irc>

Attendees
Present
Regrets
Chair
SV_MEETING_CHAIR
Scribe
paulc
Contents

  *   Topics<http://www.w3.org/2014/01/07-html-media-minutes.html#agenda>
1.   Roll call<http://www.w3.org/2014/01/07-html-media-minutes.html#item01>
2.   Review of action items and issues<http://www.w3.org/2014/01/07-html-media-minutes.html#item02>
3.   Status of MSE<http://www.w3.org/2014/01/07-html-media-minutes.html#item03>
4.   EME<http://www.w3.org/2014/01/07-html-media-minutes.html#item04>
5.   EME bugs for discussion<http://www.w3.org/2014/01/07-html-media-minutes.html#item05>
6.   New EME bugs<http://www.w3.org/2014/01/07-html-media-minutes.html#item06>

  *   Summary of Action Items<http://www.w3.org/2014/01/07-html-media-minutes.html#ActionSummary>

________________________________

<trackbot> Date: 07 January 2014

Happy New Year.

Agneda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-media/2014Jan/0001.html

Roll call
Review of action items and issues

https://www.w3.org/html/wg/media/track/

Open actions: https://www.w3.org/html/wg/media/track/actions/open

<johnsim> paulc: several of these are old enough that they are probably moot, 48, 51 and 53

<johnsim> adrianba: three actions still relevant, may need new due dates, 17199 resolved this morning

ACTIION-53 can be closed. https://www.w3.org/html/wg/media/track/actions/53

Status of MSE

Transition request; (Member only):https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/chairs/2013OctDec/0304.html

<johnsim> paulc: not much to report here. transition call with director on Thursday the 19th.

<johnsim> paulc: publication is pending

<johnsim> paulc: no new bugs on MSE

EME

last updated today: https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/html-media/raw-file/tip/encrypted-media/encrypted-media.html

<adrianba> Changelog is here https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/html-media/log

<johnsim> paulc: looked yesterday 18 bugs open, 17 today so at least one bug processed, but not much progress since last meeting December 17th

EME bugs open: http://tinyurl.com/7tfambo

<ddorwin> actually 2 processed because 1 more was also opened.

The new bugs include at least the following: 24025, 24027, 24082, 24117, 24213, and 24216.

https://www.w3.org/html/wg/media/track/actions/61

Wendy responded this morning saying she did NOT have anyone to nominate to do security review.

<scribe> No progress onhttps://www.w3.org/html/wg/media/track/actions/62

EME bugs for discussion

EME bugs open: http://tinyurl.com/7tfambo

<johnsim> paulc: eme editors have any items they want to discuss today?

<johnsim> adrianba: talk to the ones i checked in this morning

<johnsim> adrianba: added an initial draft of the load session method, 23955

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=23955

Marked as RESOLVED FIXED today.

See https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=23955#c6

David's question: Can the same session (ID) be loaded multiple times without closing the previous MediaKeySession? has not been answered.

<johnsim> adrianba: 17199

<johnsim> https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=17199

See https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=17199#c20

Adding KeyRelease to draft allowed the removal of Section 5.

<johnsim> adrianba: bug about key release - key release is now possible without explicit support

New EME bugs

The new bugs include at least the following: 24025, 24027, 24082, 24117, 24213, and 24216.

<ddorwin> https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=24213

<johnsim> ddorwin: create session had a type attribute, added that to the needkey event, but that conflicts with default type for events

Proposal: use mimeType seehttps://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=24213#c1

<johnsim> paulc: objection to mimetype

What about contentType?

What about mediaType?

<jdsmith> jdsmith

Proposal: Use contentType and we rename in all three places

<johnsim> adrianba: summary: proposing we use "content type" and rename in all three places

<johnsim> https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=24117

<ddorwin> https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=24117

<johnsim> ddorwin: renaming - keys and setMediaKeys inconsistent

Proposal: We should either rename the attribute to "mediaKeys" or rename the method to "setKeys()"

<johnsim> jdsmith: either way a name change, maybe prefer the explicit change and change to mediakeys

<johnsim> jdsmith: may be another type of keys in the future

<ddorwin> https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=24216

<johnsim> ddorwin: multiple issues with setmediakeys documented in this bug

<johnsim> jdsmith: like time to digest and review

Suggest: Review before next week's meeting

<johnsim> https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=24082

<johnsim> https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=24025

<johnsim> ddorwin: extensibility points

We probably need Joe Steele for this discussion.

<adrianba> i think last time we said that we needed to record use cases

<adrianba> we can probably talk about 18515 next week too

<johnsim> https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=18515

<adrianba> this is action-51

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=18515#c15

See https://www.w3.org/html/wg/media/track/actions/51

<adrianba> ACTION-51 due in 1 week

<trackbot> Set ACTION-51 Write a proposal for bug 18515 due date to 2014-01-14.

<adrianba> ACTION-48 due in 2 weeks

<trackbot> Set ACTION-48 Draft a proposal for bug 17673 due date to 2014-01-21.

ACTION-48?

<trackbot> ACTION-48 -- Adrian Bateman to Draft a proposal for bug 17673 -- due 2014-01-21 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/media/track/actions/48

Adrian needs to work with David Singer on this item.

Summary of Action Items
[End of minutes]
________________________________
Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl<http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm> version 1.138 (CVS log<http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/>)
$Date: 2014-01-07 16:36:36 $
________________________________
Scribe.perl diagnostic output
[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]

This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.138  of Date: 2013-04-25 13:59:11

Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/



Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)



Succeeded: s/1 was also/1 more was also/

No ScribeNick specified.  Guessing ScribeNick: paulc

Inferring Scribes: paulc



WARNING: No "Present: ... " found!

Possibly Present: Agneda BobLund Microsoft Proposal Suggest aaaa adrianba davide ddorwin glenn html-media https jdsmith jernoble johnsim joined markw pal paulc pladd trackbot

You can indicate people for the Present list like this:

        <dbooth> Present: dbooth jonathan mary

        <dbooth> Present+ amy



Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-media/2014Jan/0001.html



WARNING: No meeting chair found!

You should specify the meeting chair like this:

<dbooth> Chair: dbooth



Found Date: 07 Jan 2014

Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2014/01/07-html-media-minutes.html

People with action items:



WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.

You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.




[End of scribe.perl<http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm> diagnostic output]




John C. Simmons | Media Platform Architect | Microsoft Corporation | direct 425-707-2911 | mobile 425-269-5759



image001.png
(image/png attachment: image001.png)

Received on Tuesday, 7 January 2014 16:42:06 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 15:48:44 UTC