[MSE] About the buffered attribute

From: Cyril Concolato <cyril.concolato@telecom-paristech.fr>
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2014 17:45:03 +0100
To: "public-html-media@w3.org" <public-html-media@w3.org>
Hi all,

It is unclear to me how the SourceBuffer.buffered attribute should
behave in two cases:
- before the first segment has been appended,
- when an initialisation segment containing no data has been appended.

In the first case, the spec says "The buffer is empty when the
SourceBuffer object is created." The term "empty" also used, in the MSE
spec, in the description of the HTML5 buffered/seekable attributes. Is
it an object with a single range (0,0) or with no range at all?

For the second case, since no data has been received, I would assume
it's stays in the same state, but I couldn't find any text in the spec.
I think it should be clarified.

Cyril

--
Cyril Concolato