Re: CfC: to publish a Encrypted Media Exstensions" hearbeat Working Draft

El 24/09/13 17:30, Mark Watson escribió:

> On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 8:19 AM, Mhyst <mhysterio@gmail.com
> <mailto:mhysterio@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     CDM is going to be propietary software and secret... this gives too
>     much power to the companies
>     and I think no one can be trusted to have that power over me. And
>     then, I think CDM should be not
>     part of any user-agent.
>

> That is something you should take up with user-agent vendors and/or
> factor into your choice of user-agent.
>

>     But if user-agent vendors are going to implement CDM inside, there
>     should be a way of knowing it
>     as well.
>

> I agree. If the UA vendors agree too then I expect they will provide a
> settings option to enumerate/enable/disable the DRM capabilities of
> the UA. Again, this is not something that has any impact on the
> specification work.

Many people doesn't have the knowledge to make a good decision about the
browser of choice. So... caring about all the people, I consider we
should make EME as restrictive as posible. If we tell browser vendors
what is best to do, there will be less chances in the horizon for a "bad
choice" browser to exist.

I think browsers shouldn't be allowed to contain CDM components inside
out of the box. Given a person that is never going to watch to EME
protected content, why should he or she allow a CDM inside his or her
browser? The bigger the browser the more chances to contain
vulnerabilities that make browsing less safe, so I think browsers should
keep close to just browsing.