W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-media@w3.org > October 2013

{agenda} HTML WG media telecon 2013-10-29 - EME status and bug discussion

From: Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 15:12:25 +0000
To: "public-html-media@w3.org" <public-html-media@w3.org>
Message-ID: <6424c8db15374ea2b027a98244d66a6a@BLUPR03MB246.namprd03.prod.outlook.com>
The HTML WG media teleconference meeting will occur on 2013-10-29 for up to 60 minutes from 15:00Z to 16:00Z.
 
http://timeanddate.com/s/2gzf
 
Tokyo midnight, Amsterdam/Oslo 17:00, London/Dublin 16:00, New Jersey/York 11:00, Kansas City 10:00, Seattle/San Francisco 08:00.
Note: The above times are impacted by Europe going off DST on Sun Oct 27:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Oct/0062.html

Chair of the meeting: Paul Cotton
Scribe: TBD
 
(See the end of this email for dial-in and IRC info.)
 
== Agenda ==
 
1. Roll call, introductions and selection of scribe
 
2. Previous meeting minutes
http://www.w3.org/2013/10/15-html-media-minutes.html

3. Review of action items and issues
https://www.w3.org/html/wg/media/track/

a) ISSUE-1: Consider moving the Clear Key definition into a separate specification
https://www.w3.org/html/wg/media/track/issues/1

b) Open ACTION items
https://www.w3.org/html/wg/media/track/actions/open
Status: Action items are below.

4. EME status and bugs
 
a) Encrypted Media Extensions editor's draft 
http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/html-media/raw-file/tip/encrypted-media/encrypted-media.html
Last updated on Oct 15.

b) Encrypted Media Extensions bugs: 
http://tinyurl.com/7tfambo
Status as of Oct 28: 18 bugs

5. Items from last meeting

a) Bug 19809 - Specify which portion of addKey() algorithm to run when updating license for a key
https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=19809
Next step: David will re-evaluate 19809.

b) Bug 17202 - Explicitly document how keys are to be shared
https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=17202 

ACTION-40: Propose text for bug 17202 to propose how to share keys without leakage of information [on Joe Steele] 
https://www.w3.org/html/wg/media/track/actions/40

c) Bug 17682 - Clear Key: Document how keys and key IDs are associated
https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=17862 
Next step: In David's hands for implementation

d) Bug 21855 - Avoid network traffic and duplicate sessions for the same key(s)
https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=21855#c9
Next step: Editors are asked to resolve 21855 with David's proposed text.

e) Bug 17750 - Define the behavior MediaKeySession close() and clearing the keys attribute
https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=17750#c8
ACTION-41 - Implement proposal in bug 17750 comment #8 [on Adrian Bateman - due 2013-10-22].

f) Bug 17673 - Define Initialization Data for implementations that choose to support the ISO Base Media File Format
https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=17673 
Next step: John S and David to discuss.

g) Bug 20991 - MediaKeys constructor: make CDM loading asynchronous and fix the load failure algorithm
https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=20991
Next step; TF to review Adrian's proposal.

h) Bug 23618 - Drop "key" prefix from event namesEvent name proposal
https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=23618
Next step: TF to review David's proposal.
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-media/2013Oct/0015.html

i) Bug 23619 - Drop or change MediaKeyError constant prefix
https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=23619
Next step: TF to review David's proposal.
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-media/2013Oct/0015.html

6. Open bugs summary
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-media/2013Oct/0001.html

7. Any other business
 
8. Chair and Scribe for next meeting
Note: EME will be discussed at the WG F2F meeting on Nov 14-15. Next EME Task Force meeting will be on Tue Dec 3.  

9. Adjournment
 
== Dial-in and IRC Details ==
 
Zakim teleconference bridge:
   +1.617.761.6200, conference 63342 ("media")
https://www.w3.org/Guide/1998/08/teleconference-calendar#s_5366
 
Supplementary IRC chat (logged):
   #html-media on irc.w3.org port 6665 or port 80

Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada
17 Eleanor Drive, Ottawa, Ontario K2E 6A3
Tel: (425) 705-9596 Fax: (425) 936-7329
Received on Monday, 28 October 2013 15:13:02 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 15:48:41 UTC