 From: Glenn Adams <glenn@skynav.com>
To: Brendan Aragorn <gloppius@yahoo.com>
Sent: Monday, May 13, 2013 9:47 AM
Subject: Re: EME

On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 9:43 AM, Brendan Aragorn <gloppius@yahoo.com> wrote:

    I understand now more fully that the CDM requirements I suggested earlier would be highly impractical to implement, so I withdraw them.  I am not a programmer.

>    I do believe however that the idea that the web
requires "premium content" to be flawed, as the admittedly vast body of
fine works of  "content providers" pale when compared to the scale of
the web as a whole.

What you are suggesting is that the Web should intentionally exclude serving premium content providers. Given the large numbers of individuals that
license and use premium content, this would be antithetical to actual
practice, wouldn't it? I've heard that Netflix content accounts for a
significant amount of overall Internet traffic.

It is something like a filled olympic swimming pool needing a five
gallon bucket of water.  Counting only video Youtube alone contains many times more oroiginal content than might be lost if EME is not
implemented.

I don't understand what this means.