Re: Defamation Re: Formal Objection to Working Group Decision to publish Encrypted Media Extensions specification as a First Public Working Draft (FPWD)

On Sat, Jun 1, 2013 at 9:57 AM, Alex M <coyo@darkdna.net> wrote:

> I should probably make a note here, that if EME was not publicly
> defined and specified as a formal web standard, the alternative would
> be far, far, FAR worse, involving the use of ugly, sluggish, mostly
> undocumented, poorly understood, horrifyingly insecure, and
> standard-breaking plugins, which should be avoided given any
> opportunity.

EME is nothing but a plugin system for using completely undocumented,
poorly understood and horrifyingly insecure plugin standard conforming
plugins.