Re: Oppose DRM ! Re: CfC: to publish Encrypted Media Extensions specification as a First Public Working Draft (FPWD)

From: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 15:55:16 +0200
To: Mark Watson <watsonm@netflix.com>
Cc: Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>, "Timothy B. Terriberry" <tterriberry@mozilla.com>, public-html-media@w3.org
(Moving from -admin to -media.)

On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 5:03 AM, Mark Watson <watsonm@netflix.com> wrote:
> There is also this: http://sourceforge.net/projects/openipmp/ ?

It seems that this is an implementation of OMA DRM. Upon quick
inspection, it seems to me that OMA DRM depends on a client-side
secret (private key for a public key) that the user can't read or
replace and on the DRM-related software on the client device not being
user-modifiable. Have I understood correctly?

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi