RE: Action-219: Draft Response to MSE on Bug 23661

On Wednesday, December 18, 2013, Sam Ruby wrote:
> On 12/18/2013 11:22 AM, Adrian Bateman wrote:
> > MSE has a normative dependency on the HTML5 media element. Since it is
> > an extension spec, it seems strange to consider it proceeding ahead of
> > HTML5.
>
> Welcome to the new W3C :-)
>
> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/chairs/2011JulSep/0092.html

Sure, but I think there should be a distinction between independent features
that have a dependency on HTML5 for their context and features that specifically
extend HTML5 features. Given all this discussion about what should be said in
HTML5, it seems like this isn't stable enough to warrant the exception either.

> > Note: It is entirely possible, and with the current state of affairs
> > likely, that MSE will return for a brief Last Call to resolve the
> > outstanding Stream dependency once the Stream API settles down.
> > We discussed this at TPAC:
> > http://www.w3.org/2013/11/14-html-wg-minutes.html#item01

> Is the assumption that that this is to happen after CR?
>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Dec/0026.html

Yes (hence "return to" assuming the current Process). At the very least it
seems likely that we'll have to go back and change the name of the object
and update the reference to a newer spec. Some people may believe this
invalidates their review.