W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-media@w3.org > December 2013

{agenda} HTML WG media telecon 2013-12-17 - MSE transition status and EME bug discussion

From: Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2013 21:50:50 +0000
To: "public-html-media@w3.org" <public-html-media@w3.org>
Message-ID: <b91a736ffa914c04a0c4034f10cf5035@BL2PR03MB418.namprd03.prod.outlook.com>
The HTML WG media teleconference meeting will occur on 2013-12-17 for up to 60 minutes from 15:00Z to 16:00Z.


Tokyo midnight, Amsterdam/Oslo 17:00, London/Dublin 16:00, New Jersey/York 11:00, Kansas City 10:00, Seattle/San Francisco 08:00.

Chair of the meeting: Paul Cotton

Scribe: TBD

(See the end of this email for dial-in and IRC info.)

== Agenda ==

1. Roll call, introductions and selection of scribe

2. Previous meeting minutes

Dec 10: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-media/2013Dec/0014.html

Dec 3: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-media/2013Dec/0002.html

F2F minutes: http://www.w3.org/2013/11/14-html-wg-minutes.html

 3. Review of action items and issues


Status: We need to review the outstanding action items since I believe many are outdated as a result of F2F discussions.

4. MSE status and bugs

a) Media Source Extensions candidate draft


b) CfC: Request transition of HTML Media Source Extensions (MSE) to Candidate Recommendation


c) Media Source Extensions bugs:


Status as of Dec 16: 0 bugs.

d) All Last Call bugs


e) ACTION-60: Produce a summary of last call comments dispositions [Adrian]


f) RE: Action-219: Draft Response to MSE on Bug 23661


Note: There are several responses on this thread.

5. EME status and bugs

a) Encrypted Media Extensions editor's draft


Last updated on Dec 12.

b) Encrypted Media Extensions bugs:


Status as of Dec 17: 18 bugs (previously 21 bugs)

c) F2F action plan and action items



1) ACTION-61: Work with wendy to make sure we get a security review [ Paul ]


Status: Paul reached out to Wendy on Dec 16:


2) ACTION-62: Report back about the plan for 20944 due 2013-12-15 [ Paul ]


6. EME Bugs for discussion

Status:  The EME Editors have proposed we discuss the following two bugs.  Most other EME bugs are in the hands of the Editors.

a) Bug 18515 - Provide more details on behavior of the media element when the key for an encrypted block is not available


Status: Jerry to make a proposal: https://www.w3.org/html/wg/media/track/actions/51

b) Bug 24082 - Several issues discussed in the TF point to the need for defined extensibility points in EME


Status: This bug is the result of Adrian's ACTION-54 that replaces bug 17660.

7. Any other business

8. Chair and Scribe for next meeting

Status:  The Dec 24 and 31 meetings have been cancelled.

9. Adjournment

== Dial-in and IRC Details ==

Zakim teleconference bridge:

   +1.617.761.6200, conference 63342 ("media")


Supplementary IRC chat (logged):

   #html-media on irc.w3.org port 6665 or port 80

Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada
17 Eleanor Drive, Ottawa, Ontario K2E 6A3
Tel: (425) 705-9596 Fax: (425) 936-7329
Received on Monday, 16 December 2013 21:51:19 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 15:48:43 UTC