Re: EME Bugs filed after CfC decision and before Feb 15

Fred

you bring no credit on yourself and damage your cause when you accuse people who have been very patient and tried very hard to make sure you are heard and your concerns considered, as acting in bad faith.

you say
On Apr 26, 2013, at 13:32 , Fred Andrews <fredandw@live.com> wrote:

>  The direction
> set by the Chairs appears biased towards the goals of
> their organizations at the expense of the wider interests
> of the group.

The W3C was asked explicitly whether enabling the delivery of protected content in a web context was in scope, and gave a clear answer. rhetorically, you would seem to prefer that the decision be based on the objections of a vocal minority at the expense of the wider interests of the web.

I don't pretend that balancing trying to make the web a vibrant, viable ecosystem that enables the distribution of a wide variety of content -- including 'high value' content -- with the need for broad interoperability and the desire to enable easy entry into that ecosystem, is easy -- it's not.  I think this struggle to find a balance will continue, but if we could do it without attributing motives or personal characteristics to people, I think that would help a lot.

David Singer