: [EME] specification question: key Sytem selection

From: Sunyang (Eric) <eric.sun@huawei.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2012 05:12:30 +0000
To: Mark Watson <watsonm@netflix.com>
CC: "public-html-media@w3.org" <public-html-media@w3.org>
Thanks for your reply.

I guess you misunderstand my question.
My question is when encrypted block is detected by media element during resource fetch algorithm ,
how to choose the key system.

From specification,

In step 6 of section 5.1 encrypted block encounted
It is said if the media element has a selected key system, then use it,
If not, jump to key presence, there is no key system selection text  in step 9 Key Presence.
Step 9 only mentioned 3 choices: 1 key is available, 2 fire needKey event with keySystem,3 abort resource fetch procedure

Whats more, I think before the generateKeyRequest(KeySystem, initData) is called, the KeySystem is already
Selected, and the specification mentioned if KeySystem is null, it will throw a SYNTAX_ERROR.
http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/html-media/raw-file/tip/encrypted-media/encrypted-media.html#dom-generatekeyrequest

________________________________

Ϊ޹˾ Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
[Company_logo]

Phone: +86 25 56622934
Fax: +86 25 56624081
Mobile: +86 13851889004
Email: eric.sun@huawei.com
ַϾ껨101 ΪϾ ʱࣺ210012
Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
No 101,Software Avenue, Yuhua District,Nanjing 518129, P.R.China
http://www.huawei.com

________________________________
ʼ丽лΪ˾ıϢڷ͸ַгĸ˻Ⱥ顣
ֹκκʽʹãȫ򲿷ֵй¶ơɢʼ
Ϣ˱ʼ绰ʼ֪ͨ˲ɾʼ
recipient(s) is prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by
: Mark Watson [mailto:watsonm@netflix.com]
ʱ: 201271 11:43
ռ: Sunyang (Eric)
: public-html-media@w3.org
: Re: [EME] specification question: key Sytem selection

The key system is selected with the call to generateKeyRequest(). If that keysystem is not supported (by the browser, or by the file) then the call will fail and the app can try a different keysystem.

Note that all three of the app, the file and the browser may support multiple keysystems. Only a keysystem in the intersection of these three sets may be used. There may still be more than one. The app needs to choose its favorite from that set, as there may be commercial implications of the choice for the app. The way we chose to implement that was by allowing the app to attempt generateKeyRequest with different key systems, in preference order, until one succeeded. That seems actable given that the set of keysystems in the intersection I describe above is likely to be very small (coming up with an example where there are 3, say, is already a challenge).

Mark