Re: workshop host

On Tuesday, March 13, 2007, 4:59:54 AM, Daniel wrote:

DG> On 09/03/2007 06:19, Chris Lilley wrote:

>> On Thursday, March 8, 2007, 2:57:21 PM, Daniel wrote:
>>
>> DG> just for your information, if this mailing-list decides we could/
>> DG> should have a w3c workshop on the "html in email" topic, I have a
>> DG> host in Paris, France. Meeting rooms, network, restaurant, all
>> DG> facilities. Center of Paris, subway at walking distance.
>>
>> I strongly support the idea of having a workshop on this topic.

DG> Ok. Then I suuggest a workshop on "HTML in email" just before or
DG> just after XTech 2007 [1]. The HTML WG itself is pondering a first ftf
DG> for the group at that time. Seems everyone will be around.

That sounds good - after XTech would be better, potential conflicts with
WWW2007 before. So that would be the week of 21 May.

There needs to be a minimum 8 weeks notice for a workshop. I have
therefore asked w3m to discuss this proposal at their Weds 21 March
telcon - the call would need to be sent out very soon afterwards.

DG> Potential host :
DG>     Ecole Nationale Supérieure des Télécommunications de Paris
DG>     46, rue Barrault
DG>     75013 Paris

DG>     network and access to the restaurant
DG>     meeting rooms accepting up to more than 300 persons

Yes, I have been there for SVG WG meetings.

DG> We could first issue a call for papers and form a small review
DG> committee.

DG> Opinions ?

It sounds good, but we need to watch out for the minimum notice
requirement. I'm happy to help on the review committee.

DG> [1] http://2007.xtech.org/public/news
DG> [2] http://www.enst.fr/en/

DG> </Daniel>

 Interaction Domain Leader