Re: [Chinese, Simplified] Intention of translation

(Cc+ public-html-ig-zh, W3C HTML5 Chinese Interest Group ML)

Hi Neil,

(2/25/15, 9:10), Neil wrote:
> Dear Translators
>
> I confirm that I have searched the Translations database
> (http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Translation/#search) and the
> mailing-list archives
> (http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-translators/).
>
> Unless there are objections within the next few days, I will proceed
> with the translation into [Chinese, Simplified]‍ of the following
> document(s):
>
> Cascading Style Sheets Level 2 Revision 1 (CSS 2.1) Specification
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2011/REC-CSS2-20110607/‍

This is not an objection to your intention of translation of CSS 2.1 but
I'd like to mention that W3C HTML5 Chinese Interest Group has one
incomplete translation[1] of CSS 2.1. We have various other translations
on GitHub[2].

You are welcome to evalute the quality of the old translation and see
whether you still want a completely new one. But if you do, I hope your
translation is as open as it could be, such that it could accept
community patches. That is, ideally it should be in a wiki or on GitHub.

Also, you are welcome to join our mailing list and teleconferences to
see if there's a venue for collarboration.

[1] http://www.w3.org/html/ig/zh/wiki/CSS2
[2] https://github.com/w3c-html-ig-zh/

Cheers,
Kenny