Re: Multiple types from different vocabularies (ACTION-7)

Hi Ivan:

I still think that defining a reserved keyword for itemprop is simpler than
a) defining a new attribute or
b) allowing multiple types in the itemtype attribute.

a) is, IMO, adding more to the core Microdata constructs that a Webmaster must learn than a reserved property name and
b) is terrible, IMO, because there it is only implicit which value sets the itemtype and thus the scope for the properties. People will almost certainly fail with this. Not us, but typical developers. It is really an awkward mechanism to adopt the RDFa-style "multiple types" syntax from RDF with its global property IDs to a syntax that follows a frame-based approach with local property names inside the context of a single itemtype.

PS: I do not think that the choice of this mechanism has to do with whether schema.org will be the only Microdata vocabulary or not. I personally think that most of the mature and broadly used vocabularies will emerge into RDF+Microdata vocabularies, usable in both syntaxes.

Martin