Re: RDFa in HTML vs XHTML

On 11 Nov 2011, at 21:38, Gregg Kellogg wrote:
> On Nov 11, 2011, at 1:19 PM, Jeni Tennison wrote:
>> Can you clarify what the relationship is between the XHTML+RDFa 1.1 spec and the HTML+RDFa 1.1 spec?
>
> AFAIK, they are pretty much equivalent; one is published by the RDFWAWG and other other by HTMLWG due to historical reasons. The HTML+RDFa spec may go on to add some additional meaning to <time> and <data> tags, but this is still under discussion.

I was partly confused by the titles of the documents, but looking in more detail, "XHTML+RDFa 1.1" is for mixing in RDFa 1.1 to XHTML 1.1 whereas "HTML+RDFa 1.1" is about RDFa 1.1 support in HTML4, HTML5 *and* XHTML5. So there are almost bound to be differences between the two specs.

It's relevant for the link relations issue: it might be fine to use the IANA link relations for XHTML 1.1 + RDFa 1.1 but it doesn't really work with (X)HTML5 + RDFa 1.1. (I wonder whether it works with HTML4…)

Jeni
--
Jeni Tennison
http://www.jenitennison.com