Re: Alarm: Style rules may change semantic part of an HTML document.

Style rules do not affect semantics of the document. This is why there is
separation between them.

The '<s>' element should be used to mark a piece of content up as no longer
relevant. The default style of this is a strikethrough. If you are doing a
strikethrough via CSS with spans or some other setup, then clearly the
information is still relevant since the document would state that.