Re: RDFa Lite

2012-11-27 22:25, Dennis Erny wrote:

> RDFa Lite has a smaller footprint, byte-for-byte, compared to
> Microdata. This alone is enough for me to utilize it over Hickson’s
> creation (and I do, extensively at http://reuze.me).

That sounds interesting. I wonder whether Schema.org still focuses on
microdata, as they describe at
http://schema.org/docs/faq.html#14

After all, it is the potential consumers of metadata that matter most
here. On the other hand, there does not seem to be evidence about
web-wide use of metadata in any of the competing formats, in major
search engines. We can see that Google uses it for specialized searches,
but it seems to extract such data from large commercial or community
sites only, according to criteria that have not been disclosed. But
according to Schema.org information, using microdata seems to be the
best shot.

--
Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/