Re: Concerns Regarding Microdata CR

+1, I remain reluctant, after many years to support RDFa in HTML Headers.  It always seemed to me doubling down on opacity.  To blur namespaces in a DOM too ?   Good for the filter feeders but not good for Linked Data and poison for the "fair" exchange of Open Data, I think.

--Gannon

________________________________
 From: David Wood <david@3roundstones.com>
To: public-html-comments@w3.org
Sent: Monday, November 26, 2012 1:09 PM
Subject: Concerns Regarding Microdata CR

Hi all,

I share Manu Sporny's concerns expressed in [1] regarding the planned promotion of Microdata to CR status in [2].  I do not believe that it would be appropriate for the W3C to standardize both Microdata and RDFa due to significant technical overlap (although it would be fine with me if Microdata were a Note).

This is my personal opinion and not as co-chair of the RDF WG.  However, I reserve the right to ask the RDF WG to express an opinion.

Regards,
Dave
--
http://about.me/david_wood