Re: Securing Password Inputs

There is no such thing as moving security to the browser, because it is a
client-side application.  If you disagree, OK,  go right ahead... but  this
is a server-side mindset and I'd assert you will never, ever win that
argument with security-minded folks.

If you want to make it easy to implement server-side code, then by all
means contribute to bcrypt (or other good password encryption technology),
or language/framework adoption of it.

But in the context of HTML5 and browsers, I can only recommend:

Make end users aware of the importance of passwords. This is the basis of
my suggestion, earlier in the thread, on making a standardized way to give
users feedback on the strength of their password.