Re: Formal Objection Tracker is missing a FO

  On 10/4/10 5:47 AM, Sam Ruby wrote:
> On 09/30/2010 09:04 PM, Shelley Powers wrote:
>> The existing Formal Objection Tracker[1] is missing a Formal Objection.
>> I submitted a formal objection in June[2], with follow up emails[3][4].
>>
>> Please record these in the Formal Objection Tracker.
>>
>> Thank you.
>>
>> Shelley
>>
>> [1] http://dev.w3.org/html5/status/formal-objection-status.html
>> [2]
>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-comments/2010Jun/0005.html
>>
>> [3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Jun/0277.html
>> [4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2010Jun/0047.html
>
> I am having trouble finding a way to treat this as a formal objection.
> Per the W3C Process[1] "In the W3C process, an individual may register
> a Formal Objection to a decision".  This is a problem as I have yet to
> find any record that indicates that the Working Group has decided to
> include references to the WHATWG in the specification of HTML5.
>
> The path I would recommend is to open a bug report.  If the resolution
> of that bug report does not resolve your concern, the bug can be
> marked with a TrackerRequest, and that will[6] result in a decision
> (even if only a declaration of Amicable Consensus) which CAN be
> appealed. Furthermore, once an issue is raised, a link to the issue
> itself in the relevant section(s) can be requested.

However, you yourself acknowledged that what I presented at the time was
a Formal Objection[1], based on the fact that the group made a decision
to continue with the publication of the next heartbeat document even
though the document still referenced WhatWG documents.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Jun/0274.html