Re: Alternate syntax for defining class attribute

Technically the ability to have whitespace before the tag name was always
implied in your proposal.  Since "." marked the beginning of a new keyword,
it would become a breaking character.  Therefore there would be no
difference between

<foo.bar> or <foo .bar> or <foo         .bar>

A well formed parser (at least in the traditional Dragon Book sense) would
stop at the period anyway.  I can't speak to how the existing parsers DO
handle this, and am a bit to lazy on this sat AM to run some tests.

So definitely update your proposal to include that whitespace may be there,
for clarity's sake if nothing else, but it is implied already

--
Jock Murphy
Founder