Re: Alternate syntax for defining class attribute

On 10.04.2010 12:52, T.J. Crowder wrote:
> Julian,
>
>  > > For one thing, we're after last call, aren't we?
>  > No, we aren't.
>
> Thanks. Sorry, that was very sloppy terminology on my part, obviously
> there are still a number of outstanding bugs/issues (per section 3 of
> the last status report, "Getting to Last Call").
>
> I should have said, or indeed asked, are we past last call for *new*
> proposals?

Officially, no.

> Apologies, I'm sure this is documented somewhere. I kicked around the
> working group pages but I'm still relatively new to the working group's
> page structure (and terminology).

You found the status report, which is probably the best summary of where
we are.

Going back to the proposal: similar proposals have been made in the
past, and have been rejected back then (several reasons that come to
mind: fallback behaviour, incompatibility with XML serialization), so
I'd be really surprised for this to get new considerations unless better
reasons than back then are presented (and sorry, I don't have a link to
these discussions right now).

Best regards, Julian