Re: Alternate syntax for defining class attribute

Hi,

Thanks again, all, for the comments.

First off, there's no question in my mind that this proposal will not be
part of HTML5. For one thing, we're after last call, aren't we? Even if the
idea had been met with universal acclaim, it's too late in the process, and
as Eduard said, we want browsers to implement HTML5 sooner rather than later
and don't want to trip that up at all. So I'm pre-flighting this for 5.1.

...which is similar, and Eduard said:

> A possible solution would be to allow
> whitespace before the dot; and recommending its inclusion until
> pre-HTML5 browsers die off

There is a lot of sense there (not surprisingly), and very nearly a
consensus. I think Eduard put it most clearly: An optional space before the
dot, and recommending including it until old browsers die off.

So the target convenience syntax is:

...with an optional space, which is recommended during a transitional phase;
a stepping stone as it were:

I will write up that library to process these and let the group know about
it. Give me a few weeks, I'm on deadlines in other work.

Thanks again, all,
--
T.J. Crowder
Independent Software Consultant