Re: process for getting ARIA in HTML to 1st public working draft

From: Robin Berjon <robin@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2015 09:54:32 +0100
To: Shane McCarron <shane@aptest.com>, Steve Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>
CC: Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>, "public-html-admin@w3.org" <public-html-admin@w3.org>
On 03/03/2015 20:32 , Shane McCarron wrote:
> On a document processing note...
>
> You are creating a lot of the boilerplate by using the ReSpec processing
> of URI query strings.  That's great, but makes the URI look a little
> ugly.  I would suggest that you set those options in the ReSpec head in
> your source so that document viewers get a consistent view of the draft
> even if they don't add all the cruft onto the URI.

I don't think that URL aesthetics are a consideration for a CfC. Most of
the boilerplate required in W3C specifications is, quite frankly, cruft
accumulated over the years much of which we could do without. I actually
reckon it's pretty sensible to put as little as possible of it in the
document and only override it on the URL when necessary. It keeps things
simple where they need to be.