Re: CfC: to publish a First Public Working Draft (FPWD) of HTTP Form Extensions

On 3 March 2015 at 12:44, Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net> wrote:

> I have a few requests here.
>
> 1.)     I would like to see some statement in the Status Section that
> ties this stand alone document to the overall HTML spec, that explains
> how this is the newly agreed modularization of what was formarly the
> monolithic HTML 5.0 spec. To me this is a matter of contextualizing.
>
> 2.)     Now that the ARIA portions of HTML are celled out into a
> stand-alone module, I would suggest we should also make this document a
> joint HTML & PF deliverable, via the TF. My primary interest is to a.)
> make sure we get regular review in PF's ARIA subteam; and b.) assure the
> public that we're coordinating.

I think request 1 is reasonable, but not something that should not hold up
the CFC.

I disagree with request 2, primarily because I believe it will add
unnecessary procedural overhead to the production of the spec. It should be
noted that ARIA in HTML does not define any implementation requirements
other than on conformance checking tools and it is the purview of host
languages (in this case HTML) to define the document conformance
requirements as defined in the ARIA specification.

For ARIA in HTML to be regularly reviewed by any working group (including
the PF) it does not need to be a joint deliverable of a working group.

I would urge any interested parties including the PF to review and file
bugs on the spec as per HTML WG process.

--

Regards

SteveF