Re: ISSUE-151: whatwg-references - Decision

On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 12:03 PM, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net> wrote:

> On 03/26/2014 01:02 PM, Glenn Adams wrote:
>

>> On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 2:33 PM, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net
>> <mailto:rubys@intertwingly.net>> wrote:
>>
>>     On 03/19/2014 09:36 AM, Sam Ruby wrote:
>>
>>         Since this email has been sent out, the new editors have been
>>         appointed
>>         and the WG charter was finalized.  Additionally, the new editors
>>         have
>>         made significant updates to the status section in ways that may
>>         address
>>         this issue.
>>
>>         If this issue is important to you, please check the current
>>         document and
>>         work with the editors (either by responding to this email or by
>>         opening
>>         a bug).
>>
>>         Once all feedback (if any) has been addressed, the chairs may
>>         chose to
>>         issue a call for consensus.
>>
>>     As there has been no (as in ZERO) responses to this email, the
>>     chairs are choosing to interpret the silence as an indication that
>>     people are satisfied with the current wording of the status section.
>>

>> Could you quote or cite the specific "wording of the status section"
>> that is being considered here?
>>

> Here is the status section:
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/html51/#status-of-this-document
>
> It is fairly short (I count eleven paragraphs plus three bullets).  In
> this section there are seven references to the WHATWG.  There is an
> additional reference to the WHATWG in the list of Editors.

OK, I have reviewed the status section. It would be useful to improve the
following wording:

   - "Work on this specification is also done at the
WHATWG<http://www.whatwg.org/>
   ."
      - I find this confusing since what is being worked on in the WHATWG
      is more of the nature of an input document to consider for acceptance,
      mutatis mutandis, in this specification. I'm afraid that as stated, this
      sentence produces more confusion that it eliminates.
   - "within the bounds of the W3C HTML working group
charter<http://www.w3.org/2013/09/html-charter.html>
   "
      - It would be useful to add text to the end of this of the nature
      "and W3C Process and Patent Policy" (with appropriate links);