Re: Oppose DRM ! Re: CfC: to publish Encrypted Media Extensions specification as a First Public Working Draft (FPWD)

On Jan 25, 2013, at 2:16 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
>   It
> has been *explicitly admitted* that this specification will prevent
> certain common combinations of browser and OS to play videos using
> this technology.

If you are referring to my statements, that is not at all what I said. This specification has almost no effect on whether it is more or less likely that certain videos will be playable on the software stack you refer to. If it has any affect at all, it makes it more likely that such videos *will* become available.

…Mark