Re: Oppose DRM ! Re: CfC: to publish Encrypted Media Extensions specification as a First Public Working Draft (FPWD)

Also, why do people insist that drm is incompatible with foss? Yes, today's
implementations are largely security through obscurity but there is nothing
that fundamentally prevents an open source drm stack if one wished to make
the investment. Create a hardware tpm and publish the specs, build some
form of attestation on top of it, etc. Clearly nontrivial but not
fundamentally impossible. Many of the arguments seem motivated by a
distaste of either current implementations or a belief that content ought
to be licensed under different models than what we currently see, not any
evidence of a true fundamental incompatibility.