Re: CfC: to publish "The srcset attribute" specification as a First Public Working Draft (FPWD)

Hi Fred,

You wrote:

> If the 'picture' and 'srcset' proposals are limited to[…] using only
> information available pre-layout[…] it may not be proper for ambiguity
> in the RICG proposals to delay other development work in an area that
> needs urgent attention.

I'd like to clarify two things:

1) The srcset="" specification is not a proposal of the Responsive
   Images Community Group, although feedback from the members of that
   group have certainly contributed to the feature's design.

2) By working on the srcset="" nor <picture> specifications within this
   working group, those working on them are not delaying other work that
   you or other WG members may want to take on. In particular, if you
   would like to work on a proposal for an adaptive images feature that
   relies on layout information, please do so! I would be happy to
   review a draft in that area.

> It is not immediately obvious to me how the specialized 'picture' and
> 'srcset' solutions proposed by the RICG could fit alongside more
> general solutions and it is likely that more general solution would
> subsume the current proposals.

I think we can address such confusion within these drafts when and if a
more general solution is produced.

Thanks,
Ted