Re: CfC: to publish Encrypted Media Extensions specification as a First Public Working Draft (FPWD)

On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 9:15 AM, Glenn Adams <glenn@skynav.com> wrote:

> I'm not sure how we can do better than EME/CDM at the current time. We
> aren't going to define a universally acceptable, fully PAS defined CP
> system any time soon (if ever), and I highly doubt anyone else is either.
> However, if and when someone does so, then we could add it as a second
> mandatory CDM in a newer version of EME, along side the existing, and
> admittedly inadequate ClearKey CDM.
>
> Or do you have some concrete ideas about how to do this better?

There's a concrete idea: a universally acceptable, fully PAS defined CP
system. I don't see anyone outside this group to be capable of building
that, and be able to reach consensus on such a system. I realize that
current CP systems in wide use have significant "black magic" to obfuscate
by entropy, but I don't think it's impossible to create a publicly
available implementation here.