Re: Extension Specification Authoring & Publication

On Dec 12, 2012, at 5:07 PM, Travis Leithead <Travis.Leithead@microsoft.com> wrote:

> I'll note that for a lot of other extension specs: MSE, EME, sourceset, <picture>, at least; they appear to be stand-alone documents.
>
> I personally think that cloning HTML5.1 just to add one new behavior or tag is wayyy too much overhead. Yes, it'll be easy to merge later, but it's absolutely terrible for calling attention to the specific nature of the extension proposal.

I don't think Silvia was proposing cloning HTML 5.1, neither in textual terms nor even necessarily in git terms. She was just suggesting hosting on GitHub, at least for extensions that aspire to be merged someday.

Note that none of our current extension specs include all the rest of HTML. Even ones that are created by branching from the html repository do not do so.

Regards,
Maciej