Re: Transcript extension proposal

On 08/09/2015 12:32, "Léonie Watson" <lwatson@paciellogroup.com> wrote:

> [...]

Thanks Léonie. My thinking in putting the content into a <div> is that
there are often scenarios where you want to display the transcript text
using traditional styling techniques, and you can assign the element a
class to modify its presentation if necessary. UAs that don't understand
<transcript> can still display something useful. By linking from the video
element to the transcript element the UA could process the same transcript
content in some other way. Obviously the transcript can also be an
external resource and not within the page itself.

Likewise, HTH!

Nigel